The Second Asia-Pacific Geoparks Network Symposium on Geopark and Geotourism for Regional Sustainable Development (APGNSymp2011)
16-24 July 2011
- To foster networking and cooperation between members, aspiring and potential members of APGN, GNN and EGN.
- To introduce and discuss the role of UNESCO’s new initiative on geopark and geotourism as a means for comprehensive conservation and wise use of heritage values for regional sustainable development.
- To introduce and discuss ways and approaches in geopark and geotourism development.
- To stimulate contributions of different economic (state, private, foreign etc.) and scientific (natural sciences and humanities) actors in geopark and geotourism development.
- To discuss ways of networking and cooperation between different national holders of UNESCO and other international titles on conservation of nature and heritage.
- Workshops/training courses, Geopark Fair, Photo contest and Best Geotour Guide Contest: MOD Palace Hotel, 33A PHam Ngu Lao Street – Hanoi – Vietnam.
- Symposium: MOD Palace Hotel, 33A Pham Ngu Lao Street – Hanoi – Vietnam.
- Fieldtrip and Excursion: a) Thang Long Imperial Citadel World Cultural Heritage; b) Dong Van Karst Plateau Global Geopark; c) Ha Long Bay World Natural Heritage; and d) Cat Ba Archipelago Biosphere Reserve, Vietnam.
- Extended abstracts will be printed in the Symposium Proceeding (including CD)
- Desired and selected full papers will be published in the Journal of Geology (series B, English version), issued by the General Department of Geology and Mineral Resources, Vietnam.
Please register online through the Symposium website
Hotel/Visa/Flight and Reservation:
Detailed information can be found on the Symposium website.
For further information and all correspondence:
Ms. Do Ngoc Huyen
Department of Science-Technology and International Cooperation
Vietnam Institute of Geosciences and Mineral Resources (VIGMR), Thanh Xuan, Hanoi, Vietnam
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; or email@example.com
Originated from: more info